If it’s getting a little hot in the city, head to the Georgia coast for a romantic Savannah, Georgia staycation. Not only is this city loaded with charm because of the rich history, fantastic art galleries and world-class dining, but its beaches and outdoor activities are also waiting to restore your soul. Check out all the reasons why you need to plan a getaway to our beautiful bed and breakfast, and find out why we’re called the Hostess City of the South.
1. Less Travel Time Means More Enjoyment Time
Take a getaway closer to home to relax more, stress less, and make the most of your time away.
- Avoid the stress of air travel or long drives in the car, for a more relaxing getaway.
- Enjoy an easy morning at home, toss your bags in the car, and get to our boutique inn with plenty of time to enjoy our complimentary socially-distanced happy hour.
- Play your favorite tunes, listen to a podcast, or dive into to a good audiobook to make the drive pass by even quicker.
- In just a few short hours from Augusta or Atlanta, you can be at our quaint bed and breakfast near the coast – just steps from all the best things to do in Savannah.
- As you get close, you’ll start relaxing immediately as you drive through the shade of the comforting oaks draped in moss, and smell that fresh ocean air.
2. Savannah’s Historic District Offers Endless Access to Enriching Experiences
Just a short drive will transport you to a world away, where the air is sweeter, the pace is slower and life is just better.
- Enjoy a World-Class Food Scene
Whether you’ve got a hankering for home-style southern classics or want to indulge in specialty seafood, Savannah’s world-class food scene has it. From fluffy biscuits, to seafood boils, to gourmet dining, you’re sure to discover something you can’t find anywhere else. And with a variety of takeout options and restaurants offering outdoor dining, you can savor safely.
- Fill Your Soul with Amazing Art at Countless Galleries
You’re sure to find something as unique as you to adorn your own walls and remind you of your delightful Savannah vacation.
- Dive into Savannah’s Rich History
After a visit to the Prohibition Museum, celebrate with a classic cocktail at their 20’s-themed Speakeasy. Educate yourself about Savannah’s role in African American struggles, and their fight for rights. Take a tour of the African American journey from slavery to freedom with Underground Tours of Savannah. Take a walking tour to check out the city’s unique architecture, including the magnificent home of Juliette Gordan, the founder of Girl Scouts of America. There is so much history in Savannah to discover!
- Immerse Yourself in True Southern Charm
From the cobblestones beneath your feet, to the beautiful park-like squares, flowing water fountains, and breathtaking antebellum architecture, Savannah gives you an authentic experience that not even Walt Disney could recreate.
3. Fun Outdoor Excursions Await the Adventurous Traveler
We know that there are so many people you’ve been looking to connect with again, but Mother Nature should be on that list too.
- Get Out on Two Wheels or Two Feet
Explore the natural wonders that make the local landscape so special on a walk, hike, or bike ride. Check out the Bonaventure Salt Flats or Skidaway Island State Park, where you can see the salt marshes and Intracoastal Waterways.
- Bask on the Beautiful Beaches
Head over to Tybee Island to enjoy the wide sandy beaches and classic pier. Soak up the sun while you look for dolphins and enjoy a treat from the Sugar Shack.
- Stop and Smell the Flowers
If the 30 acres at Forsyth Park aren’t enough for you, then a trip to the Coastal Georgia Botanical Gardens or the Savannah Botanical Gardens would be a wonderful way to spend the day. Peruse formal and natural gardens, see endless varieties of blooms and bamboo, gaze at serene ponds and gazebos, and much more!
- Play a Round of Golf
Georgia is known for its magnificent golf courses, and Savannah is no exception. Check out The Club at Savannah Harbor and rent one of their fun Golf Boards, where you can surf the course!
- See a New Side of Savannah by Boat
Whether you hop on a riverboat tour to see the city skyline, or rent a kayak to paddle through the reeds, you’re sure to discover a new side of Savannah from the water’s point of view.
4. Enjoy Gracious Hospitality at Our Small, yet Stately Inn
Now that we’ve covered all the reasons to make Savannah your staycation destination, let’s find out why you should stay at our beautiful boutique inn on West Liberty.
- Everything that makes this city so special is just outside our front door.
- Savor our daily breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese. They are both complimentary, and service has been updated for socially-distanced dining.
- Choose from rooms with comforting amenities, including fireplaces, private entries and private balconies.
- Our historic hotel offers conveniences like complimentary parking, Wi-Fi and an elevator!
- Pet-friendly accommodations are available, including our private Pulaski Square Cottage with full kitchen.
- Our change and cancellation policies are more flexible, to accommodate your comfort level, as well as city and state mandates – so you can book with confidence!
Plan your much-needed Georgia staycation at our romantic Savannah bed and breakfast – where historic charm meets modern elegance. We’re here to serve as your local guides with gracious hospitality, to make sure you have a relaxing and rejuvenating stay in our magical city.