History of Inn on West Liberty
A Historic Inn in Savannah, GA
The Inn on West Liberty built in 1871 was designed by architect John B. Hogg is best known for his design of the Trinity Methodist Church on Telfair Square. This beautiful 9-bedroom Italianate style home presided over Savannah’s Historic Landmark District for more than 100 years. Unfortunately, the property was abandoned for many years until entrepreneur Robbie Bell purchased the building in 2004. From 2004 to 2006 Bell restored this property back to its original beauty while keeping the original floor plan intact and adhering to the Secretary of Interior Standards for Historic Renovations.
In 2018, Robbie Bell sold this historic home to Patty and Suzy Homer. The “sisters” fell in love with the home’s quality, elegance, and style and knew it was perfect for entertaining. Now, it is one of Savannah’s historic inns that greets and serves guests with warm and gracious hospitality.