If you’re exploring Savannah, you might find yourself on River Street. This 200-year-old cobblestone street lines the Savannah River. Over the years, it has become a hub for locals and visitors alike. Abandoned buildings and warehouses have been converted into lively shops, restaurants, and bars. Explore museums, art galleries, monuments, and more. There are countless things to do on River Street in Savannah, GA.
If you’re planning to spend the day around River Street, we recommend the Hop-On, Hop-Off trolly ticket. This will provide an easy transportation option for exploring the area!
Your Ultimate Guide for Things to Do on River Street in Savannah, GA
- Dive into the rich history of Savannah, GA, by strolling Factors Walk along the Savannah River. These brick buildings are part of Savannah’s interesting cotton exchange history. The old warehouses are now home to many unique pubs, restaurants, and boutiques.
- Visit the Davenport House Museum to immerse yourself in the life of a wealthy 1800s family. Take a moment to appreciate the architectural beauty of this mansion. You will learn all about the Davenport family and their impact on Savannah. The house is less than a half-mile away from River Street and offers daily tours. Be sure to learn about Savannah’s other historic homes open for public viewing!
Restaurants and Bars
- The Olde Pink House is the best way to experience a proper Southern dinner. You don’t want to miss this convenient spot–it’s just four blocks away from River Street! Ask to sit in the main house to admire the colonial mansion’s beautiful, elegant decor. You can also enjoy your meal in the tavern for an intimate, candlelit experience.
- If you’re wondering where to eat on the water in Savannah, Vic’s on the River is one of the best choices. You’ll find live music, mouthwatering cuisine, and views of the Savannah River at this upscale eatery. Be sure to try the crawfish beignets!
- Of all the bars on River Street, Savannah, GA, Rocks on the Roof is one you will want to experience for yourself. This rooftop bar is a great place to lounge and sip cocktails after a long day of exploring the city. Enjoy the trendy ambiance and admire the breathtaking views with your special someone at sunset.
- Stop by River Street Sweets for a treat on-the-go.
- You could spend an entire day exploring the many art galleries that surround River Street. We think you’ll love the Signature Gallery of Savannah, Kobo Gallery, Tiffani Taylor, and Gallery 209.
- River Street Marketplace tends to be a favorite among tourists, but you are sure to find some beautiful, handcrafted gifts to help you remember your experience.
- What better place to shop for antiques than in our historic city? Stop in Southern Gents Antiques and Attic Antiques along River Street to explore beautiful relics for yourself.
Discover other gift shops in Savannah
The Inn on West Liberty
You don’t have to stay on River Street to enjoy all it has to offer. We invite you to escape the chaos and relax comfortably at The Inn on West Liberty. Our historic, luxurious inn sits in the heart of downtown Savannah. River Street is a short 15-minute walk from our door. Cafés, parks, shops, and more are available for you to enjoy in the area. You’ll have everything you need to experience the true charm of our city!
There is no better way to fall in love with Savannah than staying in our historic bed and breakfast, complete with original pieces from the 1800s. You may notice the wooden headboard that decorates the Wright Square Room. This piece has been crafted using the original front door of the inn. This stunning room also offers a private balcony, a king-size mattress, and a marble fireplace. Here at The Inn on West Liberty, we focus on even the smallest details to make your experience special! Check our availability today to book your Savannah getaway. We look forward to hosting you in The Hostess City!Book Now