Though winter is usually associated with snowy weather and cold temperatures, it’s actually one of the best times to visit the south. Enjoy a temperate winter in Savannah, GA, and get away from the cold and snow for warmer conditions in a city with lots of things to do and see. You’re bound to have a great time with our guide of some of the best things to do on a Savannah winter getaway during our pleasantly cool season!
1. The Atmosphere is Ideal
Do everything on your list without the hassle and skip the long lines for a memorable getaway here in Savannah. Fewer crowds in winter mean it’s perfect for sightseeing, and with the weather generally in the 60-degree range, all you need to bring is a light jacket and you’re set! Save some more room in the suitcase with less bulky winter clothes and more space for gifts, souvenirs, and pieces to remember your trip by when you head home.
2. The Culture is Rich
Immerse yourself in the rich cultural history of the area and explore some of the events that help make this city unique and beautiful.
- The Savannah Black Heritage Festival celebrates the city’s African American community with musical and artistic performances. An ongoing tradition since 1988, it is an important part of Savannah’s history and is highly recommended for guests in the area during the festival.
- Indulge your inner book-worm at The Savannah Book Festival and attend talks by distinguished authors across the literary world. Book signings, exclusive meetups, and so much more!
- Get festive with the annual Mardi Gras on Tybee Island and take part in an island tradition all about letting loose and having fun! Definitely check it out if you’re curious as it is a rocking good time.
- A perfect trip for a history buff, Savannah has a variety of museums that delve into the area’s rich history and explore its role in many significant events like Probation, The Civil War, and much more.
3. You Can Dine in Style
Have a stress-free night out with a dinner date and get your pick of restaurants without needing to worry about making reservations days in advance! It’s a wonderful perk of visiting during the winter and we’ve put together some of our favorite places to eat in the area around the Inn, including local favorites like The Olde Pink House, Garibaldi, and more! Dress up and get fancy or hang out on the nation with a wide variety of delicious places to choose from.
4. Our Rooms are Delightfully Cozy
Relax and enjoy your getaway in our cozy rooms, perfect for warming up after a day out on the town with a nice cup of hot cocoa or coffee. Luxurious lodging with historical touches creates a romantic atmosphere that perfectly complements your stay, with all the amenities you need for a fantastic vacation like our comfortable king and queen beds, spacious sitting areas, balconies, and more. Rest and rejuvenate all while enjoying everything the city has to offer at our Savannah, GA Bed and Breakfast. We hope to see you soon!Book Now