There’s nothing quite like some time away to breathe some excitement into your life! Perfect for a busy lifestyle, a quick 48-hour escape to historic Savannah is more than enough time to make memories that will last a lifetime. Whether exploring by land, or by sea, you’re bound to have a fantastic time checking out everything the area has to offer. See the best of this charming city and lose yourself in the moment with a relaxing Georgia getaway.
Day One: Explore Savannah by Land
There’s so much to see and do in the historic downtown area that it might take a few trips to catch it all! Experience the city’s rich history with a self-guided walking tour, or bring along a local expert from Genteel and Bard or Jonathan Stallcup for a narrated walking tour. The Old Town Trolley Tour is also a great option and is a scenic 90-minute ride through the historic district with stops all along the way. Take a break for lunch at one of the many sidewalk cafés that dot the district, or set yourself up for lunch with a view at a riverside restaurant. However you decide to explore, there’s an incredible variety of activities and sights to see in Savannah.
For activities in town, a trip to one of our fine museums is a great way to spend an afternoon:
- Davenport Museum was originally built by master carpenter Isaiah Davenport in 1820. Made in the Federal style, it was one of the first homes to be preserved by the Savannah Historic Foundation and provides a marvelous look at life back in that time.
- Andrew Low House is a beautifully preserved southern mansion in a classic style. A cotton merchant by trade, Andrew Low built the house in 1847, and his son would later go on to marry Juliette Gordon, the founder of Girl Scouts USA.
- The William Mercer House is an iconic Savannah landmark and is well-known for being the main location for the setting of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt. An absolute must-visit if you are in the area!
- Harper Fowlkes House is a beautiful showcase of mid-19th century life set in a gorgeous Greek Revival mansion. Hosting a unique collection of antiques from the era, it also serves as the headquarters of the Society of the Cincinnati in the State of Georgia.
After a long day spent exploring, send your evening away on a high note with a lovely dinner out at one of the city’s excellent restaurants. End things off with a nightcap at one of our famous roof-top bars and enjoy the distinct nightlife of Savannah!
Day Two: Explore Savannah by Sea
When it comes to fun activities, there’s plenty to be had by sea as well as by land! There’s no better way to see everything the area has to offer than by boat. A boat excursion from Outside Savannah is highly recommended and offers two distinct experiences for city exploration that are popular with our guests:
- The Savannah Port Experience takes you on a 90-minute tour of the historic Savannah riverfront and the Ports Authority, a true “best of both worlds” adventure!
- A more extensive 5-hour trip, the Daufuskie Island History & Artisans Excursion focuses on the history and distinct experience of exploring nearby Daufuskie Island, a place that is only accessible by boat!
- For a more relaxed change of pace, take a lazy day away and lounge down at Tybee Island Beach! You can also explore the nearby lighthouse or check out Fort Pulaski for nearby attractions.
Your Home Away From Home
A perfect home base for all your Savannah activities, our romantic bed and breakfast is the ideal location for easy access to the historic district and is in a beautiful downtown area. Historic rooms with fine furnishings, our accommodations are comfortable and stylish with a distinctly southern charm. Included with your stay is our signature gourmet breakfast! A delicious blend of southern-style favorites; can be enjoyed down in our main hall or brought to the room for breakfast in bed!
However you decide to spend your time in town, you’re bound to find exceptional service here at The Inn on West Liberty. Choose us for your next getaway and get ready to experience Savannah in all its beauty!Book Now